Sunday, July 12, 2009

I was talking with Brian earlier, and we were laughing at the total randomness of the family post. He had an idea for a top ten- and maybe he'll post that- but I wanted to get every one's top 10 fav's. I don't get to hang around you very often, so if asked, I couldn't say what your favorite food, music, or past time is. Thought this (very random) post might let us get to know the grown up siblings a little better.
In no particular Order:
1) Reading. I love to read- anything, everything, all of the time. I enjoy mystery and western, and dad has got me into reading Lee Child books. I LOVE Jeffery Deaver as an author and WW II books (The Hiding Place being at the top of that list). If go blind when I am older and can't read- Just put me out of my misery.
2)A long Hot Bath. Every night (almost) I get to have alone time and go take a bath- and read for 30-45 minutes. Blair is on call for all baby wake ups, bad dreams, etc. He will go so far as telling people I can't talk on the phone. He protects my 1 hour of personal time and I LOVE it!
3) Being a Mom. I love my kids. I can't imagine what I would do without them. Being a stay at home mom is the most awesome/rewarding job ever...even with all of my student loans!
4) My Family. Really, we have the coolest family ever!
5) Boating. We don't have a boat, but someday we will. I hate being in the water (I am sure a fish is going to eat me. Yes, I am 33, but a real fear none the less). I love to sit in the front and picture that I flying.
6) Carpenter's Christmas CD. Odd, I know, but this is the best way for me to get into the Christmas mood...
7) Christmas!!! I love how it makes everyone so happy. I love that as an adult and a parent I can truly focus on what will make my family happy. I love that we spend weeks talking about Jesus in casual conversation, and that we spend so much time thinking about the welfare of others.
POOP_ This is much harder then I thought!
8) The first of the school year. I love the smell of new books, and a clean notebook will make me dance with excitement. I go school supply shopping every fall for my OWN stuff. I love teaching and I love kids and I LOVED having my own classroom full of school Stuff!
9)Pizza. Peperoni or a Meat Pizza- oooo and the marinara dipping sauce w/ bread sticks.
10)Traveling. I love to go and visit new places and seeing friends and family. If I had all of the money, and my own jet, and didn't have to worry that we'd miss Dane's nap- we'd travel all over. We took the train w/ my kids on a vacation, and it was great. We love to go to Vegas and the beach. I am eagerly planning my next trip, for 10 years from now, when I have money and no small babies.

5 comments:

  1. I love this!!! The same for me on all of those. It's going to take me sometime to think of my top ten. I might just copy some of yours. Hope you don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your bath time; it sounds luxurious. New school products are amazing. I love new, clean notebooks: Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I post to my own post? GARAGE SALES...any kind of REALLY good sale actually. I love the bargain- feeling like I got LOTS for very little. My record at a grocery store- 4 boxes of cereal, 20 boxes of pasta, 40 cans of sauce, 10 lbs of meat and 2 boxes of fruit snacks....$18.00. I doubt I'll beat that one any time soon, but I am always trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Jen, buying all that for 18.00? You are my new heroess or is it heroin? But you have always been a magnet to metal for fantastic buys. Love you always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I agree that seriously is amazing!!! How did you do it Jen? Sometimes I go to the grocery store and come out feeling like I spent too much on just that little food ... kinda depressing feeling. I guess me and Jeff just need to look around better :|

    ReplyDelete