Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeff

A few years ago I was thinking about my life growing up and I remembered how rotten I was to Jeff when we were young. I felt so bad about it and when I asked for his forgiveness
instead of being bitter and angry at me for making his childhood so miserable, he forgave me, and has continued to be kind to me ever since. It takes a strong person to forgive, and I am so grateful that he did and that we were able to move on and have a better relationship.
What I always remember about Jeff is that yes, he may buy the most annoying toy for my kids for their birthday. Or he may teach them to pick their nose; but he is such a good uncle. Ever since Emma was little he has loved her and played with her and I am so grateful for that. I miss living close to him.
I am also so impressed with how giving Jeff is. I remember when we lived in Pocatello, Jeff got tickets for the monster truck rally and took Josh to it. Josh had a blast. Jeff never let us pay him back for the tickets. He still does stuff like that all the time.
What I'm trying to say is that we love you Jeff. Our family would not be the same without you. Thank you for being a good example to me. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday.

5 comments:

  1. How the Heck did you get pictures like that of Jeff? I went through my pictures because I wanted to post some, and all the pictures I found of him he was flipping me off. Maybe he just loves you more? Even when he's holding my kids, or eating, OOOPS- there is that finger. *Sigh* I'll have to work harder at that. Love you anyway jeff, but just know you're pictures don't show up in my scrapbooks very often because I can't explain to my kids why you're doing that! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I know!!!!!!!!!!!! Even Jeff was surprised and saying to me, where and how and when did that picture get taken of me?! I really love it. Thank you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have plenty of those pictures too. These are just the sweeter times. We really do love ya jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's belated, but I already told Jeff my comment. Lest the family think I am insensitive, I will post my comment to him publicly.
    I will always remember Jeff as the best gift-giver. It seeems like every gift I've recieved from Jeff has been so well thought out. He's always managed to find gifts to give me that I've never told anyone I wanted. Jeff doesn't stop giving either. One year for Christmas, he was debating between two gifts to give me. He know I needed one (a gift card for gas) and would like the other (a dart board). Instead of deciding between the two, he decided to give me both.
    Let's not also forget that the only reason our family enjoys paintballing when we get together is Jeff. I remember another time going down to Pocatello to go painballing with him. He paid for my rental, my gas, my food for the few hours I was there, and just wanted to make sure I had a good time.
    Thanks for being a great bro, Jeff. I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jeff! You are so loved in spite of yourself!! I must say, you are getting sweeter and sweeter by the minute whether or not you think so. I know that each time you have tripped me or messed my hair up or wiped off my poor eyebrows, you have just been saying "I love you Mom". Right Jeff?.... Right Jeff?...RIGHT JEFF??...JEEEFFFFF!!!

    ReplyDelete