Sunday, July 12, 2009

Greg's Top Ten

1. My family. Nothing puts a smile on my face like cuddling with my Hayley, making my Emiline laugh, or having staring contests with my Oliver.

2. Fireflies. See previous post for spontaneous smiling.

3. The smell of a new ream of paper. It brings back so many memories of late night briefing parties and last minute copy work.

4. Office Max/Staples. Not only does it smell like 10,000 new reams of paper, but there are more practical tools and fun gadgets than you can shake a number 2 pencil at.

5. Family History. She is my secret lover that I spend hours and hours with without a decrease in excitement.

6. Fyodor Dostoyevski. Not the person, per se, although I imagine it would be wonderful to meet him. I know I will enjoy whatever work of his I pick up: I have yet to be disappointed.

7. The smell of coffee and books. I have to stop for whatever fraction of an instant when I enter Barnes and Noble to breathe it all in.

8. Discovering new music. I find a song/artist on Pandora, listen to it/them ragged, then move on to the next song/artist (right now its Beyonce, making me feel quite eclectic).

9. Looking up at the stars while laying in the fresh snow of some secluded winter forest. I know it is specific, but that combination brings a solitude that truly allows me to become a pinprick in this amazing universe.

10. Soccer. My teams: Malmo (Sweden), Stoke City (England), Holstein Kiel and Hamburger SV (Germany), AaB (Denmark), Real Salt Lake (USA), Virginia Legacy (Williamsburg). There are so many leagues and tournaments, I never have a week that is void of soccer. Number of games I am looking forward to this week: 15.

By the way, Hayley got nine out of ten with ease: She knows me well.

2 comments:

  1. You got some that I wish I had thought of- the coffee/book smell is awesome! I remember Grandma and Grandpa Bean drinking coffee, and although the taste must be horrible, the smell brings back great memories. And Staples- much better then almost any other store in the world...although I think Barnes and Noble trumps that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just like the smell of cofee because it reminds me of traveling. Every time I smell it I want to go somewhere.

    ReplyDelete