Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I propose a Mom week



Mom is great, is she not?

For us, she has been a saviour. Twice this year she has dropped everything in her life to help us when we were in a pinch. The only thing she couldn't leave behind were her headaches, but still she came to help us when no one else could.

The greates part about it is that we did not solicit her help; she offered the moment it seemed we needed her. Mom has a keen sense of what people need and how people are feeling. She always gives an inquisitive squint while looking into the distance, divining precisely how to care for someone or something's emotional or physical needs, as if she is straining to tune in to a fine frequency that she can only hear if she tilts her head just so. I think she has a gift and I think it is wonderful.

Happy Birthday, Mom. We love you and cherish you and think that you are wonderful.

5 comments:

  1. :o) Happy Early Birthday Julie! I want to thank you for everything that you have done for me. I've really felt comfortable and special, and right in place. Julie you are so sweet and kind, and you have a wonderful family. Thank you for your warm and welcoming arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday from all of us! We love you lots and appreciate all that you do for us!

    by the way- where did you get that picture greg... oh you purveyor of family history and pictures. I want some (said in a really whiney voice). PLLLLEEEEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that mom is such a caring, giving, helpful person. I'm so glad that she is our mom. Even though she didn't have a very good example to follow as she was growing up, she rose above it to become a great mom and grandma. She is so giving and we love her tons. Thanks for all that you do for us mom!! We really love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I posted a comment a day or two ago on time, but somehow it didn't make it up here. So, mom, I didn't forget about you.
    I'm grateful that I have a unique perspective because I was able to spend the last two years of my highschool life alone in the house with mom and dad. Mom and I became something of best friends. Through the wrestling matches, black eyes, and long talks, I realize now what a wonderful mother we have.
    How can any of us forget the long work durring the summers in the yard, the one-night-a-week dinners we each had to cook, the chores, etc. etc. Along with love, one of the best gifts mom gave us is work.
    I'm grateful for it all and I hope you know how much I/we love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma also wanted to say something to you mom, even though it's a day late. "Happy Birthday Grandma. I love you. I hope you had a great birthday. I love you so much. I miss you so much. I hope you come and visit us someday."
    Love Emma

    ReplyDelete