Saturday, August 1, 2009

Jazzercise

I just discovered the most amazing exercise in the world: Dancing.

Okay, I didn't actually discover dancing, but I started doing it this morning with my daughter and realized that it was an excellent cardio workout. So I continued for half-an-hour. Here are the advantages I found:

  1. You can do it instantly, without having to go to a gym; additionally, you can do it in any attire, or none at all (not recommended)
  2. You get to listen to your favorite music (this morning it was Rooney and Owl City)
  3. If you are creative and unashamed, dancing is rarely boring
  4. You can exercise with your children, thus increasing rather than decreasing you time with them
  5. You can exercise with your spouse, loved one, or roomate
  6. Intermittent slow paced songs allow you to stretch or perform yoga between cardio workouts
  7. It is free
  8. You may improve your social status by developing some killer moves
It sounds silly, but it is actually the only way I can get exercise without my children getting jealous that I am not playing with them. Plus I have a blast doing it.

4 comments:

  1. We love to dance- and clean at the same time. I have found that my 20+ lb children like to be danced with, which also adds to the cardio workout. Alas, i am winded by one song and have 3 more kids clammering ot have me "dance" them, and they are even heavier. Any of the uncles want to come dance my bigger kids for a workout- have at it!

    ReplyDelete