Sunday, August 2, 2009

AFV


One of my favorite family memories is watching "America's Funniest Home Videos" together on Sunday evenings. Even when I was a teenager, this was a great way to spend time as a family. Amazingly enough, the show is still on and it is now a family tradition for us. I usually make cookies to eat during the show, we all snuggle up on the couch and laugh the evening away. Who doesn't enjoy a few cute babies, guys getting knocked down because they've been kicked, and people getting scared by fake rats!

3 comments:

  1. There have been many a fond memory of sitting as a family and watching AFV. There are also many occassions when the family could have qualifed to be on funniest home videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, there is a lot more "Girl runs into a glass door" and "Boy flips off a trampoline" and "Dancing couple falls off table" than I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But then again, perhapse we were just young then and didn't realize the similarities between all the videos. I remember my favorite part of the event was that regularly we would make cookes in between church and AFV. (Or one of the sisters or mom would make them, and I would eat them) Well, I suppose the making part wasn't my favorite, but rather the eating. Ah family traditions. It'll be graet to see you all in a few days.

    ReplyDelete