Friday, August 21, 2009

A New Favorite Recipe

I just wanted to pass on a new recipe that we tried a couple of nights ago. It was REALLY good (blair said that it was johnny carino's good, and that's a real compliment from him!). Don't know if anyone else will like it, but it's SUPER easy to make, SUPER fast (20 min. start to finish and on the table!) and will impress those girls at BYU for family night. It made enough for our family. We also discovered that you can DOUBLE it and freeze half of the sauce for another (Make pasta on the day you serve it).

Bon Apetite!

8 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 can Cr. Chicken Soup
2 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed into small pieces)
1/4 c. chopped onions
2 cups cheese (they say mozzarella, but I used cheddar!)
5-6 cups coarsely shredded FRESH spinach
package of pasta of your choice (I used the tube pasta (real proper name, huh) but bowtie would also be great!

While your pasta is cooking-
Cook onions w/ a little butter and add chicken. When onions are soft add cream and chicken soup, cook on med. for 2 minutes- add spinach and cheese- stir and cook until spinach is limp (approx 2-3 minutes). Serve over warm (cooked) pasta. NUMMY!

Blair says that he thinks is would be good w/ baby shrimp in is, if you like that kind of stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!!!! I'm always in need of a good recipe. I think the worst part of the day is when I have to decide what to make for dinner. If I would get it together and meal plan it wouldn't be a problem but alas, I NEVER have it together, even though I try. Thanks for the tip Jen!! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to improve my man-cooking skills, so I regularly ask for recipees from people in our ward of goodies I like. Most of it is desserts right now, so it'll be good to try something real. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete