Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dearth, Danske, and Deutsch

It has been a while since I found an ancestor that needed an ordinance done. As I was searching through old membership records this evening, I found a third cousin whose husband was not yet sealed to his parents. Hoorah! I know it is remote, but I will take them where I can get them. Still have tons of ordinances people (i.e. you) can do at the temple.

I have, at various times, embarked upon a quest to learn Danish so that I could go to Denmark someday to do family history. All attempts have been unsuccessful. So, I am going to stick with what I know (or whatever minute knowledge I retained from Freulein Freeman's class or watching the Sound of Music) and brush up on my German (there is a lot of Family History Potential in our German line). Care to join me, Jeff, Mike, or Brian?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh- Miss Freeman. In retrospect, she intrigues me. I can make up all sorts of background stories for her and Ms. Owen- two very interesting ladies.

    Alas, no german for me- just plain old spanish. I have found that teaching the kids to understand "sit down, be quiet, get your shoes, enough, let's go, etc" in another language proves very useful for chastising your children in public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhapse. . . I don't know. Every time I look at family history, I'm overwhelmed and just think to myself, "Greg does such a good job at it, and he is already doing way more than I'll ever be able to do." I know, it's both unrighteouse and innacurate. I've got some names a friend gave me from Taiwan, and as soon as I'm done with those, I'll start taking family names. Thanks for letting us know. I'll try to be better.

    ReplyDelete