Friday, May 16, 2014

A bit more on Stress and anxiety

I really wanted to share these links with Greg or anyone else who can use it. I found them while trying to help Sarah along with life.  I like them because they are exactly what I learned in my college courses.
Link to relaxation scripts for children. I use the first two bullets: Relaxation for children and
Breathing relaxation for children.
Also teaching kids how to problem solve empowers them and gives them the ability to help themselves in situations when you aren't there.  This power greatly reduces stress and anxiety.
Link to teaching children to problem solve. Again in complete alignment with what I've learned in my courses.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this post! These are great ideas, especially the problem solving stuff. I can see Emiline really responding to that. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete