Sunday, September 15, 2013

This is Cailey speaking

I just want to share my gratitude with the family. Jeff and I are so blessed to have so much support. I love this family so much. I just want to tell everyone, please dont be afraid to give us advice, tips, pointers - WE NEED IT! We will not be offended at all. Its been a learning curve for all of us. Thankfully Heavenly father has been helping us the entire time, it is such a comfort. I just want to let everyone know that we really are doing so well. I would never have guessed that we would end up with these girls, however we have noticed the blessings from having them.

The girls really are doing well adjusting. They are kids, so here and there it can be frustrating, but they really are good girls and they want to help us as much as we want to help them. Its been a learning curve for both me and Jeff to cook for more than one or two people, that and for it to be a nutritious meal! Thankfully they are pretty easy to please, as long as we feed them what they like. 

I can also understand as to why parents stay up so late... It takes a few hours to wind down and get the kids into bed. Then after getting the girls into bed, its the only quiet time we've had for part of the day... so I feel the need to stay up and enjoy the moments, and look at Facebook or Instagram. We are learning that routine's are definitely needed, however a bit difficult to get down, but hopefully we will get it down.

One thing that I have noticed that has been the biggest blessing is PRAYERS. First few nights when we tried to have prayers with the girls they felt it more obnoxious than anything and they wouldnt really be interested and try to do other things. But now that we do them every night Kylie will ask Jeff to give the prayer. I cannot explain into words how that makes me feel - comfort, warm, fuzzy, blessed, joy, tearful... I really cannot put it into words. They still sometimes goof off and laugh a little, however Kylie will ask us to make sure we will do prayers with her and Alyssa.

Our next goal is to start with scriptures, Jeff and I are already pretty bad with doing them ourselves but we realize that these girls need that in their lives too. I may have to invest in one of the kid version of the book of mormon, I remember that as a kid and liked reading that instead of the "real" scriptures. This past week has been a little bit crazy, especially with getting settled in but yet it has all gone so smoothly.

Alyssa has seemed to have forgotten a lot within the gospel and scriptures - we realize that it is our opportunity to help teach these girls, and to help them enjoy going to church. I am planning on doing some FHE lessons or activities for them to do tomorrow and hoping that they will enjoy that. (when I have the time to figure out FHE... hopefully sometime during work HAHA). Kylie was really good today. She woke up and wanted to play some music - however it is some hiphop that we dont really enjoy and its not something that should be played on a sunday. I asked her to not play regular music on her tablet - I explained it is sunday and that it is not something we should be doing on Sunday's. She at first was a bit frustrated with it. However, she was good and she looked up lds songs, and played that for most of the day. It just made me feel so good that she was enjoying it so much. She got excited when I told her some of the primary songs were some of my favorite songs, so she would play them just for me.

We finally got Kylie's room set up a bit, we will need to remove the rest of Coah's things into a different area (she is currently in our bathroom/bedroom.... not too excited about that However, I am glad that Kylie has her own room - girls go to bed much easier without so many problems, so honestly I'll be just fine!).

Alright well it is already way too late for me and Jeff and Poor Jeff is just waiting on  me to get done for us to both go to bed.

Love you all and thank you for your prayers, calls, advice, encouragement and responses. It really means a lot to us, and we are so thankful. We love you all so much and we really have gotten different perspectives in life, and respect all the parents so much more. We just hope we can be good examples to these girls and that they will be happy for the time they are with us, and we are hoping to introduce the gospel into their lives more, and that they will enjoy it as we enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Cailey! We admire you both so much, and we're so glad the girls have such a great influence at such a difficult time in their lives. We're excited to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys rock. love the facebook photos you are posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Undoubtedly the best for the girls. You are doing great. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, my children are getting older and if they're in bed by 9:15 I could myself as lucky. That leaves very little time for quiet pick up/cleaning/reflection and a bath. I love that you're saying prayers, and as they say their prayers you'll often hear concerns and be able to talk with them about how Heavenly Father answers them. What a great job you guys are doing, and how lucky we are to all be a family. Love all of you!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm way behind the curve on this one, but I really enjoyed the thoughts. If you have more time, share more!

    ReplyDelete