Saturday, September 21, 2013

Recommendation - The Word of Wisdom

No, this post is not recommending the Word of Wisdom (although I do recommend the Word of Wisdom). I'm recommending an article by Hugh Nibley that has to do with the Word of Wisdom.
Here is a link to the article.

I found this article a while ago, and a few weeks ago Mike and I discussed it during FHE. I think it's incredibly interesting, and I love the depth he goes into. He discusses the Word of Wisdom point by point, expounds on the difference between the Word of Wisdom and more eternal commandments/covenants, and even explains how we can be living the letter of the law, but still be breaking the Word of Wisdom.

I'd love to have a discussion about this article in the comments below, as I think it was an absolutely fascinating read, and I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! We're always looking for FHE ideas, especially since the kids are getting older we're looking for "meatier" subjects then in the past. This will be great for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. With school and such I don't think we will get to this until the weekend, but we will definitely have to read this.

    ReplyDelete