Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lovely


Lovely. I always use that word to describe my wife because I think it the most appropriate. What do you think of when you hear the word lovely? A soft-petaled flower touched by morning rays? A fresh-fallen snow on a crisp winter morning? A broad-brushed painting with a parasol or a covered bridge?

I wish I could paint, because if I would I could capture the radiance, the beauty, the hilarity that is my wife. I would need every color in the universe to make a proper picture.

Then again, even if I had the talent of Monet or Rembrandt, I could never capture her true essence and the happiness that she brings to my life. I truly do think that I have the most wonderful life on the planet. I have a fantastic wife that has brought me two glorious children. I have a family. Not a family just in the organizational sense, but in the true sense of the word, I have a family.

I am so thankful for my wife. She anchors our family in the Gospel and makes life a pleasure. Happy birthday, lovely. You are my tiny.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting greg! I stole the only birthday picture I could find of Haylee on your page- but your Christmas one is more exciting. We tried calling several times but never got a hold of you guys, so no matter what, know that we love you Haylee!

    ReplyDelete