Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Propose an Alex Week


Alex is having a Birthday in a couple of days (July 1st), so I propose an Alex week. Following this post, I request that Alex make her own post where she tells us a little about her. Maybe her favorite food, what she wants to be when she grows up, her favorite sibling, etc. Perhaps she could even upload a picture she took or likes. I think that it would be fun to get to know Alex a little more.

Then, or prior to, we all can either post pictures, comments, memories of Alex or comment on this post about what we remember or enjoy about Alex. Hopefully, we can get a community of responses and Alex can see how much she is loved.

I haven't seen Alex in a long time, so my memories of her are older, but I hope still relevant. Evey picture I have of Alex, she is either looking inquisitively with bright eyes into the camera or she is giving a brief, loving smile. She was full of energy and always wanted to play. She was fun to be around her.



My favorite memory of her is talking with her on the phone. She spouted out strings of garble I couldn't understand; apparently she could because after a few seconds of non-stop chatter, she belted out the most hilarious laugh on the planet: Apparently she had told me a joke and found it very funny. I couldn't help but smile on my end of the phone, thousands of miles away.

We love you Alex and hope you have a great birthday!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have very few memories of recent Alex, seeing as how I've been gone forever. Just yesterday we went to the Aquarium with Jeff, Kaylee, Jen and Piippo family. I soon discovered Alex was her uncle's keeper. She decided if she was going to look at something, she wanted somebody right next to her. Since she knows I won't say no, she grabed my finger, pulled me arround, and didn't let go till it was blue. She has great vigor for life and is excited to share it with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!!! She is such a special part of this family and we should honor her. I'll have to go digging for some photos. Thanks for being such a great uncle greg!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah she was so adorable at the Aquarium!!! She was kinda nervous to pet the sting rays, but Jeff kinda lifted her up, and when the sting ray came around, she got to touch it. the look on her face was priceless!!! She is such a good girl, and you can tell that she loves her brothers and sister so very much. She even thinks of all of her cousins during her prayers, its very cute. Another thing that I loved that she called me Aunt Cailey! haha I really loved that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a mini party for Alex when she was down this weekend. We had chocolate cake with candles. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you have heard it said before- but if we were to descibe Alex it would be "More"- more life, more excitement, more happiness, more drama, more tantrum, more strength. One of our favorite elders often commented that he wanted to come back in 15 years just to see what Alex would be like. She does like to drag people around, and Brian will soon learn to say NO just like everyone else.
    Favorite Color: Pink
    Favorite Food: Lasagna
    TV: Tom and Jerry
    Favorite Animal: Cats
    Other favorite things- princesses, tinkerbell, dancing and singing, talking on the phone (if anyone is ever bored, call Alex, she'll talk FOR EVER and love it!), playing with her brothers and sister. We call her mommy's velcro baby because she is with me 24/7. It's gotten a little bit better since Dane arrived, but now that he is more detachable, she is more attached again. She can't wait to start kindergarten with Mrs. Hamilton next fall. A couple of weeks ago she went to a cheer/tumbeling camp. I have to moan- she was the best in her group. She didn't have to look at the leader to remember the actions, she was plenty loud (surprise) and so cute and giggle. She even figured out the twinkle finger and kicks! Do we encourage her to do something she LOVES and is good at, or keep it hidden because we know the extra trials in life that it will bring- especially in a non-mormon area? Alex is the bestest, sweetest, and most outgoing kid ever, and as a mom- I am extra glad that she is mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! We love Alex! Happy Birthday Tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete