Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's day everyone!!! I know, its been a while since I've been on the family blog, and even longer since I've made any posts. Now that I am done with school, I have more time to focus on what I want. I know that I've missed my turn but I figured I should put a review on up here. I honestly dont know what to post - nothing really new in our lives and nothing exciting going on (other than me passing my Statistics final -wahoo!) .... and at the moment dont have any good recommendations ... So I thought, what is something I could talk about? I recently have decided that I need to make the temple more part of my life since I have the wonderful opportunity of being a current temple recommend holder.

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life, and I am grateful for this church and everyone who has a testimony, and their love and support. Through my experiences, I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so very much. I am thankful for the members of our ward, who has shown us so much love and support. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to have a temple recommend and being able to go to the temple, and especially having so many temples to be able to visit! Since I live by so many temples, my new goal is to go to a different temple every week. I love feeling the peace that I find at the temples. What comfort and joy it brings to me. I know for a fact that prayers are so essential and that they are always answered, it may not be immediate, but we always have them answered. I still am a bit unsure of how the prayer roll works exactly though, are you to write your prayer or just the names? Only reason I asked is I noticed another lady writing from what looked like a prayer instead of just names. 

I am so grateful for technology, more so that there are so many amazing gospel tools for us all at our fingertips! Elder Richard G Scott said, "who could have imagined not very many years ago that the full standard works and years of general conference messages would fit into your pocket?" I have loved having several different access to many gospel apps on my phone. While I am at work I'll listen to the general conferences, scriptures, lds music, OR some firesides! Its so amazing and such a blessing to have access to all of the talks, especially when you are unable to make it to these special events. I love the Gospel Library app, LDS Podcasts (this app has SO MANY different talks, I was so amazed at how much there is in this app!), Mormon Channel (a lot of other topics and access to different things) and LDS Temples (pretty cool app, you can locate the temples, track your attendance history, get directions to the temple and how far away they are from you!, call the temples... I think its pretty cool feature that I've recently found). How blessed we are to have so much access to so many different things?!

Anyways... not sure what I'm trying to share here... but my goal is to visit as many temples as I can, especially if I visit other cities/states/countries, and I am grateful for how blessed of a generation that we are in, to have so many wonderful opportunities available to us. Well... I now need to get ready for church... Have a wonderful sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I don't generally download lots of apps to my phone, but it was super cool to read about the LDS ones. I know I need to take advantage of all that stuff more too. As far as I know, you just write down names on your little prayer roll slip. That's what I've always done! Maybe someone with more experience can answer with more certainty.

    Also if you come to Colorado, we will take you to the Denver temple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are enjoying the blessings of the Temple Cailey. Just the names. The lady who wrote a lot must of been writing a lot of names down. As for prayer, when I had my kidney surgery, that day I felt an overwhelming peace come over me and the thought came that these were the prayers of all those who were praying for me. What blessings we have if we just be quiet and listen. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the LDS apps! They also have a scripture coloring book for kids, an indexing app (it's not that great), and a pretty decent LDS Art app (it's kind of slow). Also, we always sit in the back of Church, so it's nice to have the hymns on my phone as I almost never have a book.

    Las Vegas has a temple too!

    ReplyDelete