Thursday, October 18, 2012

Week 2 Review - Viva Paper Towels and Kroger TP

So this week I have decided to review my favorite toilet paper and paper towels. While this may sound strange, the search for the perfect paper towel and toilet paper is one that every family continually goes through. In my opinion, finding the perfect paper towel and toilet paper is like finding the perfect food. A food that is healthy, filling, cheap, and tasty. Very difficult. Like that, people want paper towels that are strong, long lasting, versatile, and a good value, while desiring toilet paper that is strong, soft, long lasting, and a good bargain. That said, I feel I have found the paper products that best fit this description! So look no further, dear family, for the perfect paper products. This review will end that seemingly endless search. So on we go!

First, Viva paper towels! Viva paper towels are made by Kleenex, so you know they are a reputable brand. I was a little hesitant at first, because they are a little bit more expensive then other paper towels. But we got them on a good sale at Target. So we bought a 12 pack, and the paper towels lasted us literally ten months. And we use them quite frequently. So they are long lasting! They are also very tough. This is the only paper towel I've ever used where I actually feel guilty for only using it for a tiny little spill because it can do so much more! So whenever I have to clean up a bit of water, I also use the same paper towel to quickly run over the stove, the sink, and anything else that might look dirty. With one little sheet. So, in essence, they are strong paper towels that last forever. Facts that no one can overlook. Paper towel dilemma - case closed. Try them, guys. You'll love 'em.

(Also make sure you get the choose-a-size. No matter what brand you use, it really makes them last longer if you're using smaller sheets.)

Second, Kroger brand toilet paper. I'll admit that my search for a good toilet paper has taken me to pretty much all of the brands. Unfortunately with almost all toilet papers it is either soft but breaks all apart, or it is strong and leaves a burning sensation that makes you feel like you fell asleep on a nude beach in the Hawaiin tropics. And anything even close to decent was so expensive! So when I went to our local King Soopers and found the Kroger brand toilet paper on sale for really cheap, I thought it might be worth the risk. Lo and behold, it was. The toilet paper is soft. Not uber soft like pricey brands, but pretty nice. It is strong! It never tears. Or leaves those creepy little bits that the Charmin Bears are plagued with. Lastly, they are cheap. They are a bargain brand. So a toilet paper that truly leaves me feeling clean and unchafed for a good deal is all I could ask for. It's worth its weight in gold.


So, there you have it. The Alpha and Omega of paper products. I challenge everyone to try them out and see what you think. You'll see. And you'll be glad you did! 

11 comments:

  1. I'll buy both! I love a good paper product! Thanks for your review!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike, fun to hear from you with all your profound advice/ Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for the paper towel revue- it was a converstion we were having just the other week in our house. And while we don't have the Kroger brand, we buy the Costco 60 pack.. and that lasts the month. THANKS for taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... Jeff and I are a bit skeptical trying new things, we've gotten comfortable with the Charmin Strong ones.... but i'd def love to save some money at the same time. So I know i'm gonna have to buy some new TP soon I'll let you know what we think of it! :D thanks for this Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit the Kroger toilet paper isn't my favorite, but it's a great product for the price. I'm not in love with it the way Mike is, but it's definitely waaay better than other bargain brand toilet paper. I totally agree on the paper towels though. They're like actual little towels. And I also have to note that every time Mike uses them, he comments on how amazing they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy the Viva. I tried them once and never looked back. They are the best. My only problem with them is when you clean glass they leave tiny particles. They are more expensive, but one roll will last us two weeks and they clean way better. Sometimes I use them as rags they are so strong. Fun post btw. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juliana and I were JUST talking about this very subject. I run into a dilemma EVERY time I go to buy toilet paper. Luckily, Juliana loves Charmin (Like Cailey), so I never have to fight that battle again. On the other hand, paper towels are still a blind spot for me. I usually just end up buying whatever is cheapest and regretting it because it lasts about as long as Ice cream on a summer day. We'll have to try out Viva.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Bath towel Supplier in USA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kroger offers scholarship funding for seniors that will be attending a UNCF college in the fall. The grade point average requirement is 2.5. kroger feedback

    ReplyDelete
  11. Learn everything you need to know about paid surveys. Paid surveys are an easy way of making some money online, as long as you know what you are doing. greatpeople.me

    ReplyDelete