Thursday, October 25, 2012

hmm my week?

Well I guess it is my turn now... and to be honest I have no idea what to write about. The only thing I can really think about is either baking/cooking or crafts... That is something I'd rather be doing than going to school. I feel bad,.. I don't know what to review or recommend! The only thing I can think about is my Laughter yoga class which is my favorite and I wished more people knew about it.. but that's not something very many of you can try (unless if your in an area that offers it... which there are quite a few in Utah.. not so sure about Idaho, Vegas, Colorado, or Montana). And as of late all I've had on my mind is school, and homework and other things. :s

Even though you can't take the laughter yoga class's - I realize there are some interesting things I can share with you that I feel that has helped me be happier in my life, so as crazy as it is, I will share - try it and let me know what you think! :)


So what is Laughter Yoga, you might ask? If you want the long version, you can read this:
 http://www.laughteryoga.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=180:what-is-laughter-yoga&catid=85:about-laughter-yoga&Itemid=265

But if you don't feel like reading all of that, simply put it is to help you expand and improve your breathing, good health and feeling joy. Laughing also helps open your blood flow which helps you feeling less stressed. Laughter dissolves distressing emotions, you cant feel anxious, angry or sad when you are laughing.
Laughter is good for your health


Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.

Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.

Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.

Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.   "Laughter Yoga combines Unconditional Laughter with Yogic Breathing (Pranayama). Anyone can Laugh for No Reason, without relying on humor, jokes or comedy. Laughter is simulated as a body exercise in a group; with eye contact and childlike playfulness, it soon turns into real and contagious laughter. The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter. One gets the same physiological and psychological benefits."
It is really awkward to try some of the exercises, especially alone. But I think you should try a few of them. The more people you try these with, the more fun and more you'll laugh. I think best done with kids! :)

One of my favorites, is one that I used to do as a kid with my cousins. It is better to do with at least 3 or more people. Larger the group the more fun and complicated it gets. First person lays down on their back. Next person lays down on their back with their head on that person's stomach. This continues till the last person. As a kid I called it the stomach laughing game! :) you can lay down as shown in this picture or whatever is the easiest. One person starts. They just say Ha. Next person that is laying on that person's stomach as to say Ha Ha, third person says Ha Ha Ha, fourth person says HaHaHaHa... and so on. Soon you'll all break out into laughter!

Next one to try out, is called the silent laughter. Laugh, without making any noises! (okay you'll make some raspy noises, that is fine but try not to actually laugh out lout .. LOL) Try laughing really hard, with out making any noise. Sometimes its funny to see others trying to do this and it will make you bust out laughing even more.

Anyways those are only two of the examples of ways you can do some of the laughter exercises. I would do more, but that would make for a long post. Google Laughter yoga exercises for more activities or click here. Sorry this is so late out of the week. So there is my review and recommendation for the week :)

4 comments:

  1. I love laughing. It's my favorite. And this sounds relaxing. Mmmm . . . stress is melting away . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture Cailey:) I love this post. Thanks so much. I have never heard of this yoga class. It sounds soooo fun. I am glad you get to go. How relaxing. For now, my kids keep me laughing every day over some thing or another. Have a great day. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it simply because it gives an insight into a really abstract facet of your life that I otherwise would not have been able to see. Thanks much! Juliana and I haven't been much into the laughing thing lately--I traditionally haven't liked it--but we may have to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I like about this is that it utilized non-traditional forms of betterment. Nowadays so many people turn immediately to medicine for assistance with whatever is affecting them. I'm not saying that medicine isn't ever needs, or that it's a bad thing, but I think that non-traditional health ideas, such as this or massages, etc. are a great idea. I did the silent laughing thing while I was reading through and when I told Liz what I was doing (she asked) she laughed! So it worked already! Thanks Cailey!

    ReplyDelete