Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Skype Suggestions Please

So, Hayley and I are going to be apart for a little while, and for the first time ever, this summer (the separation requires surgery that will be performed just after Mike's wedding). We are planning on Skyping frequently, but we wanted to find ways to use Skype to interact in a more meaningful way. Here is my current short-list:
  • Play Yahtzee
  • Play Monopoly
  • Read to each other
I am hoping that the convergence of our slightly above average brains will create one almost frighteningly super-genius brain that can come up with a comprehensive list of Skype entertainment. Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Let's get this ball rolling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that you've already thought about this, but we've found that we talk lots more when we skype at night and the kids are asleep. I have even kept a list by the computer of things I wanted to remember to tell Blair of stories I wanted to make sure to share. We alsways talk and say good night to the kids, but it's after hours when he and I really "Talk". Probably even more then when he's around all the time- maybe because we save it up for one big conversation?

    Other then talking- crossword puzzles are great fun together- and it requires working together which is also fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH_ plan a vacation together_ for reals! That way you can talk look forward to doing something special together or as a family when you get back together. Research the places you'll want to go, etc. Okay, so I am big on the talking thing i guess.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never use Skype to cry or complain. Save that for phone conversations. Whenever you see each other you want to see a smile. You can kiss the screen:0
    Family home evening. Scripture study. Prayer. Twenty questions. Charades. Pictionary. See who can go longest without blinking. Learn sign language together. Blah Blah Blah. I am boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually Stephanie those were all interesting and things I would have never thought of. Hmmm strip poker after the kids go to bed (that was JEFF'S suggestion, not mine but I thought it was funny enough to say, because its Jeff.) I dont think i'm going to put down any other suggestions Jeff has.... :| Um... Make funny faces at each other and see who gets the funniest one. Sorry.... this family is better at thinking crative things.

    ReplyDelete