Saturday, April 6, 2013

Weekly Recommendation - Pondering

My recommendation will be short and simple, so you can take time to ponder it! One of the things I love about our house is that the master bedroom looks towards the mountains. Our house is on a hill, so it gives spectacular views of the foothills. I've greatly enjoyed taking time to sit and look out the window and appreciate the mountains' beauty. That made me decide to ponder more, and to pay closer attention to the beauty around me. As I've done so, I've been blessed to see the beauty in flocks of geese overhead, in the call of a pack of coyotes at night, or a beautiful early morning sunrise. As such, this week I am recommending that everyone take more time to ponder the beauty around them. Take time to sit still and think. Take time to look at nature, to see the birds, to look out into space, and try to comprend the complex yet simple beauty. God has blessed us with so many incredible things right at our fingertips, yet they are ofter overlooked, lost in the hustle and bustle of daily lives. So take a few minutes each day to notice the beautiful things around you, to say a quick prayer of gratitude  and as you do you'll notice it more and more and your life will be enriched. And yes, I know I sound a bit like a hippie, but try it, and you'll see what I mean. Love you all!







2 comments:

  1. Ah .... I feel better already ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recommendation. It's something that I strive to do- but often forget with all the running hither and thither. I also love your pictures- and think that is also a silent recommendation. You will never be sad you have lots of pictures. Of the everyday mundane things even. Wish I had taken more when Blair and I were first married, of everything, not just the big occasions.
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete