Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recipe

In response to Mom Bean's request, here is a quick/easy recipe. I'll try to post more later - I love to cook and we try a new recipe every week, so I've always got more.


Creamy Lemon and Chive Pasta

1 lb. farfalle

2 Tbsp. diced red onion

Olive oil

2 Tbsp. flour

½ cup chicken broth

1 cup heavy cream (you can probably substitute half-and-half here)

¼ cup fresh chives, chopped

1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Salt and Pepper

½ cup grated parmesan

Cook pasta to al dente. Meanwhile sauté onion in oil until soft. Sprinkle with flour and stir. Cook for one minute, then stir in chicken broth until flour is dissolved. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and add heavy cream, chives, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add to pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan and toss. Serve hot with additional parmesan.



3 comments:

  1. mmmm this looks good. I think i might try this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good! I found it online and modified it a bit. I make it anytime I'm craving pasta but am too lazy to make anything fancy. I'm excited to go through the recipes you posted and try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya I got a little bored, and I saw her post so I thought well... I do have a lot lol. I've got loads more. but there ya go.

    ReplyDelete