Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What do you say...

when your daughter comes home from her friends house and she's eating something. When asked what it is, she replies rice...and lettuce...and chicken feet. Do you try to hide the reflex gag, and the startled surprise that she can say that straight faced? And then when she goes on to describe how they even add the chopped off head to the dinner, and you can see the beak and everything- do your commend her or tell her your have to go to the bathroom so you can do the "grossed out" shudder without an audience?

Hmmm. Of all the things I thought I would face as a parent, this wasn't one of them. And yet, I am proud of her for being so open minded...as opposed to me, who wouldn't even TRY it- just as a matter of principle.

3 comments:

  1. Gross!! I want to yack just thinking about it. It is good for her to be able to experience things like that though. Especially if she ends up serving a mission. You never know what you'll get then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we keep telling her "you are going to be the best missionary!" and she loves it. Really though, when they invite us over for dinner I always feel a little bad when the conversation goes something like "Oooo, that looks so good and interesting, how do you make it?" and the answer determines if I put it onto my plate. I wish I weren't so imagnitive, but most of what they eat is beyond my ability. Really..blood soup?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does Ali tell her parents she ate at your house? I am going to throw up reading this. Brooke is surprising me more every day.

    ReplyDelete