Monday, April 5, 2010

PLEASE READ- your info is out there...

I was just alerted by a friend about a new (?) website that she found that has an alarming amount of info on people. Just on a search you can find zip code, age, income, number of people in family, relationships to other people, etc. For a couple of bucks a month you can find out a ton more... I searched our family and have found mom, dad, Alisha, Greg, Mike, Brian, Blair, Adam, Stephani is listed as Stephani U Mattson and is linked through Adam (even says that you have lived on Wrangler street for 3 years), Josh (you are on here w/ a map and driving directions to your exact house and address....ARGH!), maybe Jeff, but I don't know your exact address. Either way, I have already deleted Blair's info and made sure that I and my kids are not listed on here. You may be okay with this, and if so ignore me- but I thought you would want to know so you can make it "go away" also. Love you guys!

spokeo.com

5 comments:

  1. I didn't find me. You said you found me? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I brought it up last night it showed one Greg Bean in Richmond , VA....and then this morning I realized that's NOT where you live, you live in Williamsburg. Sorry, VA is just a blob on a map to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I found me, but it said I was in my mid fifties, married with no kids in a house worth over a million dollars in a below average neighborhood, and had been in the same place for the last 24 years. The only information it had correct was something someone could have gotten out of a phone book, so I'm not too worried. . . but then again, I don't have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually our dept uses this, it helps us know if emails are valid and few other things, helps us know if this is a legit purchase or not. Then again, we use several tools, but this is one of the few that we use. this is not always acurate. funny thing, found a Jeffrey L Bean in Salt Lake, and near an old apartment where he used to live... but he doesnt have kids, nor is he Caucasian or in his early 20's. So ya its pretty crazy how much info is out there. Its mostly all public info too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, how did you delete the information?

    ReplyDelete