Monday, April 19, 2010

Head Lice

Now that is the title of an E-Mail that you know you don't want to open! ARGH! A girl on brooke's softball team was just found to have head lice, so they sent out a notice to all of the parents to check our kids. WHAT! Of course, they just had practice on THURSDAY where they SHARED the at bat helmets. QUICK- someone smart do the calculations. If one girl had lice and there were 4 helmets and Brooke batted three different times, what are the chances that she didn't wear the same helmet as the other little girl. Hmmmm, zero. That's what I thought.

Lice remind me of ticks- and I think that if I were Heavenly Father I wouldn't have cast out Satan into a snake, he would have been made headlice. See, head lice can't live with out us, and they thrive on us, and they work harder on the heads that are clean.

Speaking of ticks. Does anyone know how badly I hate ticks???? I remember going hiking up Blacktail the summer before Blair and I got married and everyone came home with tons of them. It was gross. Kneeling down for family prayers I remember that RIGHT in the middle of the prayer Steph started screaming and batting at her head. Seems that her hair had fallen down in front of her eyes and she had opened them and seen a tick crawling in her hair. It's funny now- at least to me!

7 comments:

  1. Wait . . . did you find head lice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOO! No head lice. KNOCK ON WOOD- I just heard about it so now I have to go through Brooke's hair as SOON as she comes home. Doesn't your head itch just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH!! I remember that trip!! It was a lot of fun but the ticks were gross!! I remember Mom finding one in the house like a month after we went. I'm crossing my fingers for you Jen!! Lice are disgusting and I hope that you don't have to go through it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have to say that every time I think of head lice I think of Adam Sandler putting a bunch of rice on his head before the school nurse checked him for lice in Billy Madison. Oh the stupid things we remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do yourself a favor and go buy some Dawn liquid dish soap and wash Brooke's hair in it soon. It doesn't matter if you find lice or not. Even if she has a couple (most likely wouldn't see them anyway)that's all it takes and in a week you have knits. Just kill the suckers soon before they have fun in her hair. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete