Thursday, March 18, 2010

If anyone is interested, these peanut butter bars are similar to the ones we made as kids. They are extra yummy and delicious. I have already had four squares and I made them 4 hours ago.
The recipe makes a whole cookie sheet full and that should be enough for a few days.

Peanut butter bars

1c. brown sugar
1c. butter
1c. peanut butter
2 eggs
1c. sugar
4Tbs. milk
2tsp. vanilla
1tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
3 1/2 c. flour
chocolate chips

Mix everything but the salt, soda, flour, and chips. After mixed, add the salt, soda, and flour. Dough should be slightly sticky but easy enough to press into a greased cookie sheet if your hands are greased. Bake @ 350 for 12-15 min. (I find it takes a little longer). Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean it's done. Pour chocolate chips on top while its hot and let it sit until they can easily be spread over. Cool.

5 comments:

  1. OOOO_ I loved these! Thanks so much for posting them, I had totally forgot about them, I am not even sure that Blair has had them. HOORAY! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow they look delicious. I'll have to make them one of these days. Jeff isnt too huge on sweets but I'll ask him if he likes these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it! I wish that looking at a picture were equivalent to eating. It's midnight, I'm hungry, and too lazy to make them on my own. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I just read what ya said Brian, kinda made me laugh. so i guess jeff likes these?! thats one of the first sugary treats that I know that he will actually eat. so I do need to make those one of these days! Hey so maybe I'll make some of this really good dip that I know when I come up next weekend. its good :) I think Jeff would be excited to eat it as well. Buffalo Chicken dip. pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of my favorite treats growing up- although no one could make them as good as Holley Nebeker (across the street). We would often have to make two pans of them, one for that night, and one for after school the next day. Somehow many of them disappeared during the middle of the night while we slept. Hmmmm, wonder where they went?

    ReplyDelete