Thursday, February 11, 2010

Did you Pass???

Did you pass? That is the question that I always remember Dad asking when we came out of an interview with the bishop. The first time he asked that I was 8 and had just had my baptismal interview. "YOU MEAN YOU CAN"T PASS?" was the thought that went screaming through my head. Good thing he didn't ask that BEFORE the interview. Every interview since then though, that has been my secret worry.

Today Brant had his baptismal interview. He came out all smiles and what was the first thing Brooke and I asked in unison "Did you pass?" He laughed and said of course. He said he was nervous at first, but after a bit he started having fun and asking Bishop Brown questions. I am thankful for a good bishop who takes the time to help Brant feel loved.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent. I am excited for him. I remember when Hayley and I were getting our marriage interviews, I was so worried that either her or I would not "PASS" . . . mostly because we spent a lot on invitations . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) that is so exciting! Too bad me and Jeff cant be there. We send lots of love!!! Love you Brant! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Mom or Grandma, Grandpa and I had the pleasure to see Brant Baptized. It was beautiful and so sweet to see all the little ones on their knees watching over the font when Brant took the dip. What a great example for all of us. Little eyes are watching, and those little eyes love us so much that we'd better be on our toes! Brant was so handsome and so proud. What a man he's going to be and it will be here sooner than we think.
    The music was provided by the Piippo family. Those kids can SING! Jenny also had a solo and did beautifully.
    It was so nice to have Alisha and her family there. We know you all wanted to be there and would if you could. But there will be many more times for us to get together. So if we all try to come, then there will always be some support for the things that are so important in our lives. We love you all so much, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful. a true romantic. thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the previous comment was for greg's song. somehow the post ended up here which should not surprise anyone seeing how i am computerly inadequate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew- I would hate to think that you thought Brant was a true romantic. Girls- EWWW- Gross!

    ReplyDelete