Sunday, January 19, 2014

Brant turns 12

 I try not to do posts that just brag up my kids- because that's what we have our family blogs for, but this is going to be a little bit of that.  But even more so- it's going to be a warning to all you mom's out there.  When your boys get close to turning 12 you realize that your time with them is all of a sudden very limited.  Last week I subbed in primary, and Brant asked if I could come in again this week.  WHAT?  Well, he explained, I think I am probably more reverent if you're in there.. and today is my last day in primary and I would just like you to be there.  Of course I came.  What neither of us knew, the YM were coming in during sharing time to get him.  As these much older boys (the next youngest to Brant is 18 months) came in and sat on the itty bitty chairs I realized that he was no longer a boy, but truly a Young Man.  They invited him to the front, he ceremonial broke is primary name stick, and then was asked to choose his favorite primary song to sing as a farewell.  His choice was "I hope they call me on a Mission".  As he stood up and sang with all of his heart, I realized that in a few short years he would be leaving on a mission.  I can't hardly stand to have my kids gone to sleep overs with out missing them so much, so the thought of 2 years will reduce me to tears in an instant. 
Moral of the story- hold on to your little ones.  It's crazy and hard and you're running non stop from sun up to sundown (and all through the night if you're at my house) but I am telling you, it doesn't feel like that long ago that he was my cute little toddler. 


4 comments:

  1. I have to admit though- I can see him losing the kid look and growing into those teenage years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Brant! I hope that my boys grow up to be like him! And what a neat tradition that your young men do! So special. Did you bawl all through it? I would have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Brant! We're so excited to watch him grow into the young man he's going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh! he is growing up so much! Jeff and I are very proud of him and how sweet, kind and amazing he is. We love him very much.

    ReplyDelete