Thursday, July 25, 2013

Melting songs

There are some songs on my playlist, where the moment they come on, my arms drop to my side and I get this rush of emotion that I cannot quite explain.  It's like the whole world melts around me and I am completely entranced by the song. Does anybody else have those?  If you do, I would love to hear what they are.  These are five of my most mind-melting songs:


Please Forgive Me by David Gray on Grooveshark Singing in My Sleep by Semisonic on Grooveshark The Promise by When in Rome on Grooveshark Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie on Grooveshark Magic by Ben Folds Five on Grooveshark

3 comments:

  1. OH I like all of these, especially The Promise! Something about eighties music makes me want to get up and dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have these! I have a lot of different kinds of music that I enjoy, but all my most favorites are "melting songs" (love that term, by the way). Here are some of my best melting songs:

    In Our Bedroom after the War (by Stars) (the effect of this is doubled if I read the insert from their album of the same title at the same time)

    Turn to Stone (by Ingrid Michaelson)

    The Trapeze Swinger (by Iron and Wine) (I have a lot of Iron and Wine melting songs, but this is my favorite)

    Oh You Are the Roots That Sleep Beneath My Feet and Hold the World in Place (by Bright Eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone up for a rousing Bing Crosby or Tony Bennett song?

    ReplyDelete