Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chrsitmas Flash Mob

Christmas Food Court Flash Mob, Hallelujah Chorus - Must See! www.youtube.com

I don't know if the link will work- I'll try it once I post this- but I LOVE IT.
Ever since Liz posted on their blog about flash mobs I have been thinking how much it would be to "see" one in real life (sorry, liz, borrowed your dream!). I would have loved this one, I think that Hande's Messiah is one of the most amazing musical works ever. I loved this flash mob too, because there are some seriously old people! I wish I could have heard their response when the idea was first brought up!

4 comments:

  1. It brought tears to my eyes when I realized this is really how it's going to be when Christ comes. Ordinary people doing ordinary things in ordinary clothes shouting and singing his praises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing flash mob! Great find, Jen. My two favorite things about this one:
    1. The girl who started it stayed on her cell phone the whole time.

    2. People's reactions - some people laughed and everything, but there were definitely a few people who looked genuinely touched, and I think that is awesome.

    Also you gave me an idea for the next Entertainment Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought about the second coming, steph. Thanks! It also makes me think about the shepherds, doing their own little thing, and all of a sudden they have heradling angels around them...probably sound much the same. That is one moment in time I would love to go back and live through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so see the Lords hand guiding Handle when he composed this. I feel the spirit every time I hear it, even if it is from people in a shopping mall. No wonder Heavenly Father loves music so much. It's a way he can make us feel His love even when we aren't expecting it. Thanks so much for this Jen. It touched me and made me remember how very blessed I am. I was a little discouraged this morning because yet another holiday season has started and it doesn't feel like christmas to me. It does now. What a great way to start the season by feeling the spirit. Sorry, this is so mushy. I do have an excuse though.

    ReplyDelete