Thursday, September 1, 2011

Out With The OLD!

Out with the Old and in with the new! We were so tired of paying $25+ each time we would take the Beast to BYUI, which would happen at Least once a week so we set out to buy a more economical car. After much study and debate we went with Dad's first thought, a Subaru Outback. While we were sitting there waiting for paperwork, Dad wanted to go check out a sporty little Subaru in the parking lot. I could tell he was in love with it by the way he raised the hood and walked around and around it, but knew it was brand new and way to expensive. We both knew we were going to have to purchase yet another car before winter because our current car had no heat (non acceptable) and no cruise control (irritating). With it being worth only around $800 it was hard putting a big outlay of money on it. Dad has also been driving without air conditioning all summer. I told the salesman we were working with, "If you have any other less expensive sports cars, show them to him and I'll bet he'll buy it". The guy said "Really?" So when Dad came back in the guy said "I've got a little 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse, do you want to see it?" That's all it took. Dad loves eclipse. Maybe even more than 1965 Mustangs. We walked out to see it and found it to be so "Cute" (My thoughts not Dad's) . But he absolutely loved it also. So we surprised ourselves and bought two cars. I'm so happy for Dad. He deserves some real joys in his life along his children and grand children.

7 comments:

  1. WHERE are the pictures of the family additions. Really, if you're adding more kids to the family, we better see how cute they are and compare them! I remember dad having a sporty little car when I was a senior, but it only lived in our family for a few months...what kind of a car wast that, do you remember? Gray, stick, sun roof, and I begged to drive it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I tried to put pictures up, but I couldn't get it to happen. HELP, someone teach me!! We did have an Eclipse but that was the one someone smashed into while I was stopped. I think Dad has been lamenting ever since. It IS gray (blue) automatic, sunroof, and very pretty. When I came out of the store tonight, people were stopped in front of it talking about it. The subaru is cherry red and has seat warmers, YEA! No cold butt! If someone will call me and tell me how to get pictures up, I'll do it. Dad didn't like me telling you cause it might sound like we're bragging. I'm not. It's just such a big deal for us to get even one car. Love to you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not bragging, its like Chrsitmas. And even if it was bragging, keep it up- we need something to look forward since we're all broke and raising families or going to school! LOVE YOU!@

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome that you guys not new cars. And you're right, it is about time dad got himself a car he really enjoys. He's always wanted to but put it off so he could provide for us! And it's a good thing he got it now because they are no longer making the Eclipse. As for pictures, we are going to call you today, mother, so you can put up pictures of the car and of your trip to Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo new cars are the coolest and you have to bragg about them! :D We would! We are excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, They are not new. What do you think? We are rich or something?? But they are not too old. Thanks for your support. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! I can't believe it. Adam didn't believe me at first. I can't believe you got a new car. Two new cars. That are very nice. You deserve it. It's about time you live it up. You both deserve to at least drive a nice vehicle. We are soooooo happy for you.

    ReplyDelete