Sunday, October 11, 2009

In Addition To...

Not to take away from the pictures already posted- but to add to them. I love pictures, but I guess that doesn't come as a surprise to any of you. Several years ago I printed a bunch of pictures for dad from slides that Uncle Bill had. I had intended to make a neat scrap book for dad, but realized that I don't know anything about the pictures I had printed. I showed them to him, talked a little, then they've sat in my drawer with my other pictures (sorry dad!). I thought that all of you might also enjoy seeing them. Reading the post by Mike jogged my memory. I look forward to hearing any stories that you might have dad. We have had fun looking at the pictures and comparing them to our boys. Might be our imagination, but Brant is looking more "Bean-ish" then "Piippo-ish"!
There are a bunch more of these, I'll post them as time allows!

Dad and Uncle Bill on Temple Square

Having a picnic...somewhere...in the dirt



Outside their house?

This picture reminds me so much of my boys- when Blair first saw it he had to do a double take before realizing who it really was!

Love those Christmas pictures- and the plaid robe!

I imagine that baseball played a huge part in your life. I have a lot of sympathy for grandma now, after sitting through a couple years of cold springs. Dedication!

Parade? I want to hear about the camera!

4 comments:

  1. I love history. I love hearing about my grandpa and grandma when they were kids. It is so much fun to look at pictures and learn about family and what they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THEM!!!! Thanks so much for sharing these Jen!! I think that its funny that you can see a little of grandpa and grandma in each grandchild. I would also love to hear stories if dad has time to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the look at the first picture, you would think that Bill and I were best buds. I think that he was just being obedient in getting his picuture take. Since we were 4 years apart, I think that I was more of nuisance to him than I was a bud.
    My brother never was the ace in the deck as you can see by him sitting in the dirt, but then we we're not really picky about were we chose to eat, as long as we had something to put the food on. We were kind of a red-neck family and did not care what we wore either. What's up with that sporty hat I have on. And my mom looks like she is really excited about having another picture taken and what is that by her hand in the dirt another sandwich. Can't be all bad. We are having Lucerne milk. Bet it was warm.
    The next picture was taken I believe at our granpa Asumussen's house on 33rd south in salt lake city. Got my start baby sitting larr early in life. And the Christmas picture, who could deny that face anything that he wanted for christmas. The picture of the baseball field is I believe taken in Douglas Arizona in which I commented on Mike's Pictures. I cannot find myself in the picture though.
    I have no idea about the camera. I think that it was something that they gave to me to think that I was important. I want to know what I have in my fingers. Larry seems to be entertained by it, but my mom looks like oh yeh another picture. Thanks Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! You picked things out of the pictures that I hadn't even noticed. How far apart are you and Larry? I am trying to get a feel for what it will be like for my boys. Brant dotes on Dane and the feeling is mutual- Dane will light up and play with Brant more then almost anyone. I'm sure that "nuisance" will come soon enough though. Thanks for the comments. I wish that we could go back in time to know you then!

    ReplyDelete