Thursday, January 20, 2011

Late Tribute to Daddio!


This is obviously belated, but I thought it would be a travesty if no one were to dedicate a blog post to our wonderful father and all he has done for us. I just want to say a few words about dad. Dad is the best dad anyone could ever have. Just think about it. When we wanted to play as kids, he was always there to play with us and have tickle fights. And now he does that for the grandkids. He always provided for us. He has worked ridiculously hard to support his family. Through many different jobs he has always dedicated himself and provided wonderfully for us. Even now, think about how much he (and mom of course) helps us out when we have times of need. Dad is very understanding and compassionate. He was always there to listen. And even better, dad is the wisest person I know and he is always there to give amazing advice. Dad is funny. He always makes me laugh and is willing to play jokes on people with me. (Sorry about those, guys) Dad always tries his best to be a good person. He works hard to dedicate himself to the church and has to work even harder now that he is a Bishop. He sets a great example for us all. And most of all, he cares about us. When we talk to him, he is always genuinely concerned about how our life is going. Dad is by far the best dad ever! And if you agree, post what you love about him! Thanks for all you do Daddio and happy belated B-day!




Look at this family! And it all started with a dad and a mom!



7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Lee! Thanks for being such a thoughtful, welcoming father-in-law. I'm glad we were able to talk to you last night. Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Lee. You are and amazing father, and an amazing father-in-law. You have been such a wonderful father-in-law to me, and I value our relationship so much! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with everything that Mike said!! We really are blessed to have such an amazing dad!! I hope the kids up at BYU-I know how lucky they are to have him as bishop. Dad, thanks for being there for me throughout the years. You have been a great blessing to me and I'm glad that Heavenly Father sent me to your family. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are quite fantastic. You've pulled us all through some tough times and always been there to cheer us on throughout the good times. Love you, Popa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THank you all for such wonderful thoughts and praises. I could not have been a good father without a good wife to stand by me. I could not have done it without great kids. I so appreciate each of you. You made it easier as a father. I love each of you lovely daughters- in-law. Thank you for accepting my sons. As for my sons-in-law, you are the best. I appreciate the great love that you have for my daughters. I love each of you so much. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well posh. Posting after your gratuitous comments and acceptance statement, my comment seems even more belated than the others. Nevertheless, I need to profess my appreciation for you, dad. As the last of your children to be unmarried, I have a lot of, well, shall we say, "special needs." You've always been good at helping me, whether it be financially or emotionally, I appreciate you so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you Dad. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said but each child you have has a special and different love for you. You have taken care of us in all the different ways we have needed. You are the most strong, and giving, and patient person I know. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete